|General Terms and Conditions for Providing Accommodation Services|
(villas in Croatia)
- INTRODUCTION villas in Croatia
adriatica.net provides accommodation services in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions, and with the period and details of the confirmed reservation. Adriatica.net is not liable for circumstances caused by conditions beyond its control, including wars, riots, strikes, acts of terrorism, natural disasters, sanitary disruptions, restrictions by local authorities, death or illness of service provider and the like.)
- BOOKING AND PAYMENT villas in Croatia
Inquiries and booking of accommodation can be done electronically, by mail or in person at the adriatic.net office as well as at adriatica.net partner agencies.
When booking, the customer confirms that he is familiar with the General Terms and Conditions, and that he accepts them in their entirety. Thus, everything stated in the General Terms and Conditions becomes legally binding both for the customer and adriatica.net.
When booking, the customer is required to give all the information necessary in the booking procedure. When booking, the customer is required to pay an advance, depending on the payment method, while the balance must be paid at least 15 days prior to the arrival date or directly to the host upon arrival, depending on the payment method, that the guest was informed about while confirming the reservation. Note when paying by credit card - your credit card will be charged to the amount stated in SIT/EUR.
- SOJOURN TAX villas in Croatia
According to the Croatian Law on the Sojourn Tax, customers are required to pay the Sojourn Tax when paying for their accommodation. The Sojourn Tax in the Republic of Croatia varies from 2,00 to 7,00 KN per person per day for adults.
Customers from the age of 12 to 18 have a 50% discount, while children under the age of 12 are exempt from paying. The final amount of the Sojourn Tax is determined by the destination in the Republic of Croatia and travel period, and is charged according to the General Terms and Conditions when balance payment is made. The amount of Sojourn Tax to be paid will be stated on your reservation calculation.
If a country (for example, Austria) has a law defining that Sojourn Tax must be paid on the spot, the amount of Sojourn Tax will not be stated on the calculation and the guest is required to pay the amount upon arrival.
- PRICE OF ACCOMMODATION villas in Croatia
The price of accommodation includes the basic service as described in the booked accommodation unit. Special services are those not included in the price of accommodation (in accommodation unit description indicated by "services upon agreement" or "additional services" available if arranged in advance); therefore the customer pays for them separately. These services must be requested at the time of booking.
The price of accommodation is given in EUR. adriatica.net reserves the right to make changes to the stated prices (in the event that the host changes prices or there are changes in exchange rates). For customers who have paid an advance for their reservation, adriatica.net guarantees the price of accommodation, stated in the calculation according to which the advance was paid. If the changes occur prior to the payment of the advance, adriatica.net is required to inform the customer.
If more customers than are stated on the voucher arrive at the accommodation unit, the host has the right to deny the extra customers accommodation or to accommodate all of the customers at extra charge directly made to the host.
- CATEGORIZATION AND SERVICE DESCRIPTION villas in Croatia
Accommodation units offered by adriatica.net are described in accordance to the official categorization of the authorized institution, and based on onsite assessment prior to being put in adriatica.net's online offer.
Standards for accommodation, food, services, etc. differ from place to place, country to country, and cannot be compared. Information obtained at the point of sale does not oblige adriatica.net in any way more than any information available on the Internet pages www.adriatica.net in the adriatica.net catalog or other printed material.
Notes for presented information
- adriatica.net's RIGHT TO CHANGES AND CANCELLATION villas in Croatia
adriatica.net reserves the right to change or modify a reservation in case of circumstances caused by conditions beyond its control that cannot be predicted, avoided or rectified (See Article 1). Booked accommodation can be substituted only by an accommodation unit of the same or higher category and at the price confirmed during booking, provided that customer is notified ahead of time.
Should the substitute accommodation be available only in an accommodation unit of higher category and should the price of the substitute accommodation be higher by 15% or more than the initially booked accommodation, adriatica.net reserves the right to charge the price difference upon consulting the customer.
In cases where substitute accommodation for paid accommodation is not available, adriatica.net reserves the right to cancel the reservation upon prior customer notification (at least 7 days before arrival) and guarantees the refund of the complete paid amount.
Should an adequate substitute accommodation not be available on the day of arrival, adriatica.net will provide information on available accommodation that is not included in adriatica.net's offer and guarantees the refund of the complete paid amount.
- CUSTOMER'S RIGHT TO CHANGES AND CANCELLATION villas in Croatia
Should the customer wish to change or cancel a reservation, this must be done in written form (email, mail, or fax). The following are examples of changes: changes to the number of customers, changes to arrival / departure dates. Changes must be made at least 30 days prior to the arrival date.
The first change to the reservation is free of charge, unless it entails further expenses for adriatica.net. For all further changes to the reservation, 15 EUR will be charged per change. Should a change to the reservation not be possible and should the customer cancel for this reason, the conditions for the cancellation of reservation listed below will be enforced. The following are examples of cancellation of reservation: change of accommodation unit, and all changes done within 30 days of the arrival date or during use of the accommodation unit.
In case of cancellation of reservation, the date of receipt of the written cancellation is used to calculate cancellation costs as follows:
- For cancellation up to 15 days before arrival date, 35% of the accommodation price will be charged (the advance will not be returned),
- For cancellation from 14 - 9 days before arrival date, 50% of the accommodation price will be charged,
- For cancellation from 8 - 2 days before arrival date, 80% of the accommodation price will be charged,
- Should the customer cancel 1 day before arrival date, or not come, or cancel during use of the accommodation unit, 100% of the accommodation price will be charged.
In circumstances caused by conditions beyond their control, customers must produce a written statement and adriatica.net will charge for real costs only, up to a maximum of 25% of the total value of the reservation.
In case of cancellation of reservation for lighthouses, the date of receipt of written cancellation is considered the date of cancellation and the cancellation costs are calculated as follows:
- For cancellation up to 60 days before arrival date, 10% of the accommodation price will be charged,
- For cancellation from 59 - 30 days before arrival date, 30% of the accommodation price will be charged,
- For cancellation from 29 - 15 days before arrival date, 50% of the accommodation price will be charged,
- For cancellation from 14 - 10 days before arrival date, 80% of the accommodation price will be charged,
- Should the customer cancel within 9 days before arrival date, or not come, 100% of the accommodation price will be charged.
In case of cancellation of confirmed reservation for accommodation in the Lovran Villas, the date of receipt of written cancellation is considered the date of cancellation and the cancellation costs are calculated as follows:
- For cancellation for more than 30 days before arrival date, 35% of the accommodation price will be charged,
- For cancellation from 29 - 15 days before arrival date, 60% of the accommodation price will be charged,
- For cancellation from 14 - 8 days before arrival date, 80% of the accommodation price will be charged,
- For cancellation within 7 days before arrival date, 100% of the accommodation price will be charged.
Should the customer not arrive at the booked accommodation unit before midnight on the arrival date, and the customer has not informed adriatica.net or the host, the reservation is considered to be cancelled, and therefore the cancellation costs will be charged as described above.
Should the real costs exceed the above stated costs, adriatica.net reserves the right to charge the difference. Should the customer find a replacement for the cancelled reservation, adriatica.net will only charge the real costs caused by the replacement.
- adriatica.net's OBLIGATIONS villas in Croatia
It is adriatica.net's obligation to take care of provided services, hosts, and customers' interests and rights according to accepted customs and practices in tourism. adriatica.net will carry out all stated obligations in full and as described above, except in circumstances caused by conditions beyond its control (Article 1), when Article 6 is applied.
- CUSTOMER'S OBLIGATIONS villas in Croatia
The customer is required:
Should the customer not follow the above listed obligations, the customer is liable for caused damage and must cover the expenses.
- to have valid travel documents,
- to obey customs regulations and currency exchange regulations of the country where the destination is located,
- to obey house rules in accommodation units and to have good relations with the host,
- to produce the confirmation of payment (Voucher received by mail or email) upon arrival,
- the customer is obligated to check whether a visa is necessary for the country where the destination is located or for neighboring countries.
By confirming the reservation, the customer accepts to pay for all damages caused directly to the host.
adriatica.net is not responsible for damaged, destroyed or lost luggage, as well as for the theft of luggage or valuables in the accommodation unit (rental of a safety deposit box is recommended if available). Lost luggage or stolen goods should be reported to the host and the local police department.
Should the services provided not be satisfactory, the customer is entitled to seek reasonable compensation by filing a written complaint. Every customer is entitled to file a complaint if the paid service is not provided. Every customer - reservation holder, files a separate complaint.
The maximum compensation per complaint can amount to the cost of the part of the service(s) in the complaint. It cannot amount to the total paid to adriatica.net and cannot include services already provided.
- The guest is required to complain to the service provider about the inadequate service immediately on the day of his/her arrival and to notify adriatica.net's office in Zagreb by email email@example.com or by phone 00 385 1 2415 611. Furthermore, the guest is required to cooperate with adriatica.net representatives and the service provider in good faith in order to rectify the problem. If the guest refuses to accept the solution that is in accordance with services paid for, adriatica.net is not required to accept any further complaints referring to this service.
- If the problem is not rectified even after on the spot intervention by an adriatica.net representative, the representative will put down in writing a record of the complaint in two copies, one for adriatica.net and the other for the guest. In such cases, the guest is required to send a written complaint along with the representative's record, other relevant documents and photographs that prove reasons for the complaint to adriatica.net by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at adriatica.net d.o.o. Slavonska avenija 26/9, HR-10138 Zagreb, within 28 days upon returning from holiday. adriatica.net will take into consideration only properly filed complaints received within 28 days.
- If the Republic of Croatia is not the destination country, adriatica.net does not guarantee that it will be able to send a representative. In such cases, the guest is required to notify adriatica.net's office in Zagreb by email at email@example.com or by phone 00 385 1 2415 611 and to cooperate with the service provider in good faith in order to rectify the reason(s) for complaint. If the problem still remains open, the guest must send, within 28 days upon returning home from holiday, a written complaint with accompanying documents and photographs that prove the basis of the complaint to adriatica.net by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to adriatica.net d.o.o. Slavonska avenija 26/9, HR-10138 Zagreb. adriatica.net will take into consideration only complaints received within the period of 28 days.
- adriatica.net assumes responsibility to make a written decision to the complaint within 14 days upon receipt of the complaint. Should adriatica.net need more time to collect information and verify the complaint with the host, it can prolong the response time by a maximum of 14 days. adriatica.net will take into consideration only those complaints that could not be solved on the spot.
- Until adriatica.net presents its solution, the customer refrains from mediation by any other party, arbitration by the Association of Croatian Travel Agencies, or from taking the matter to court, and from informing the press.
- COURT JURISDICTION
Should the customer not be satisfied with the solution to the complaint, the matter can be taken to court (Zagreb Court jurisdiction).
Upon payment of the advance or the total amount, the customer accepts the General Terms and Conditions in their entirety.
Discounts from simultaneous promotions may not be combined. Additional discounts for last-minute offers do not apply.
Zagreb, 05. 11. 2002