|GENERAL INFORMATION ON LIGHTHOUSES IN CROATIA|
HOUSE PETS- LIGHTHOUSES IN CROATIA
- Accommodation in lighthouses in Croatia can only be booked from Saturday to Saturday. From September to June, accommodation can be booked for weekends in Plocica, Struga, Prisnjak, Veli Rat and Sv. Petar lighthouses.
- All lighthouses in Croatia (except Prisnjak, Plocica and Sv. Petar) have lighthouse keepers.
- Mobile phones using the 900 and 1800 MHz standards can be used in all lighthouses in Croatia and in this way communication can be established with all European countries.
- Every apartment has a TV.
- All washroom facilities have showers. Guests have at their disposal 2 smaller and 2 larger towels per apartment.
- Guests must bring their own cleaning and personal care products (detergent, shampoo, soap etc.)
- Kitchens are equipped with sinks, stoves with oven, refrigerators and utensils.
- Apartments do not have satellite antennas, coffee makers, deckchairs and sunshades.
- Guests must bring groceries, spices and the like.
- All bedrooms have beds with mattresses, sheets and two blankets per bed.
- All lighthouses in Croatia have lightning rods.
House pets are allowed at 5 Euro per day per house pet. House pets are not allowed in lighthouse accommodation in Croatia.
WATER SUPPLY - LIGHTHOUSES IN CROATIA
Please read carefully the following recommendations.
- Lighthouses in Croatia have cold and hot water.
- They have their own solar-powered water tank systems.
- Several days without sun can result in a shortage of hot water.
- Liquid waste is discharged according to the highest ecological standards.
Use water rationally since water is precious on islands, especially in summer months. Due to technical reasons, guests might have to wait for a short period for hot water to arrive to the shower from the tank. Due to limited water resources, it is recommendable to store cold water that flows before the hot water into a plastic container in order to be used later for other purposes.
When staying in Prisnjak lighthouse, for ecological reasons, please use low water stream when washing dishes and hands or when taking a shower. Otherwise, problems can arise in the discharge of liquid waste.
ELECTRICAL POWER SUPPLY - LIGHTHOUSES IN CROATIA
Lighthouses in Croatia have 220 volt electricity.
Since Veli Rat, Sv.Petar and Struga lighthouses are connected to the power grid, there are no restrictions in the use of electricity. Since Porer, Sv.Ivan, Plocica, Susac, Prisnjak and Palagruza lighthouses have their own electrical networks that are powered by solar panels and transformers, devices that use a lot of power such as hairdryers cannot be used. Battery chargers, laptops and similar devices can be used.
HEATING - LIGHTHOUSES IN CROATIA
Struga is the only lighthouse that has heating. Upon request, heating can be provided in Plocica, Sv.Petar and Veli Rat (one apartment).
PARKING - LIGHTHOUSES IN CROATIA
If the lighthouse cannot be reached by car, you can leave your car in the place of transfer. Please arrange guarded parking with the person in charge of the transfer. Their contact number can be found on the Voucher that you will receive after you have paid the full reservation amount.
BOAT RENTAL - LIGHTHOUSES IN CROATIA
On most lighthouses in Croatia, boats can be rented. If you are staying in a lighthouse close to a tourist destination, you can also rent boats there. Please arrange rentals conditions and prices directly with the lighthouse keeper if staying in Sv. Ivan, Veli Rat, Susac, Palagruza and Struga, or with the person in charge of the transfer if staying in Porer, Plocica and Prisnjak.
If you are renting a boat on Porer, Palagruza and Susac, due to strong currents, a skipper is obligatory.
MEDICAL HELP - LIGHTHOUSES IN CROATIA
Medical help is available in places nearby. In case of emergency interventions, medical help will arrive by speedboat or helicopter from the nearest center.
Every lighthouse has a VHF radio station (emergency channel 16) that can be used in order to ask for emergency help or for advice. All lighthouses are equipped with first aid kits.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE? - LIGHTHOUSES IN CROATIA
We wish you pleasant and unique lighthouse holidays!
- Apartment accommodation
- Change of sheets and cleaning once per weeko
- Adequate replacement accommodation in special circumstances (the lighthouse cannot be reached)